Sword: Pure Line Art for Inktober Day 6

SWORD
People cry every time I wield this badass sword and cut-ana my way into everyone's heart.
...

I'll see myself out, thanks.😂

------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------


Hi!

This is the sixth piece that serves the dual purpose of being an inktober contender as well as my bid to applying perspective in my artwork, whether in thought or in composition or both.

Today's inktober prompt was 'Sword' and it seemed quite apt to just call this piece, 'Sword'. :)

Unlike the other perspective studies I have done so far, which have been one-point perspective, this is in two-point perspective.

Now, I know what you are wondering, most people draw in perspective instinctively, and that's true. I do the same. Which is probably why I really have to fight my urge to abandon the solid rules of drawing in perspective, failing miserably at times.

In today's work, I drew a knife being picked up by a hand and both these objects are supposed to be in two-point perspective. You can see the horizon line and the vanishing points at the start of the video which I erase later.

Other points to note. I kept this piece purely in linework. There is something quite soothing about having very thin lines marking an entire artwork and I really enjoyed doing that today. I might color it in later or convert it to a digital artwork. Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.

Materials used are:
  • Brustro Technical pen 0.05 microns
  • Some cold-pressed 150gsm paper from a local unbranded company.

Thanks again for watching!

xoxo


------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love...? A Short Bird Animatic

Roots: Surrealism in Ink | Inktober Day 20

Also 'Hi'