Roots: Surrealism in Ink | Inktober Day 20

The roots of heritage are deep.

...


...

Hi,

Though I'd completed this drawing during the inktober 2017 month, I have been lazy about posting this video. I made this for day 20 of inktober for the official prompt of 'deep'.
...


...

It's easy for most of us to be super critical of our work but I am very happy and proud of this piece. The inspiration was a picture of a tree that had been freshly cut down and you could see the rings and the bark cracking and splitting from the impact.

ROOTS was also my first attempt at drawing surrealism art.

This was drawn on 8x6 cardstock with micron pens.

In hindsight, I wish I had done a better job with the composition and lineart. But, I am incredibly proud of the way this artwork turned out.

BUY 'ROOTS' ART PRINT HERE (click on the image to go to the product page)






I hope you like it.

Thanks again for watching! :)

xoxo

P.S. Please let me know in the comments below what you thought of it.

You can now buy a print of this artwork on my Society6 page here




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drawing a Mermaid from an Aerial View (get it? Ariel *nudge*)

Legacy: People Walking in One-Point Perspective | Inktober Day 22