Ganga: Watercolor - Inktober Day 4

GANGA
Her divinity is immediate and everlasting, but only for as long as the river survives

--------------------------------------------------



--------------------------------------------------

Hello,

This is the first time I tried any kind of brush pen ever. This is the 'Spring' set from Akashi-ya SAI Watercolor brush pens. At first, I wasn't sure how to grip the brush pens. Should I hold it upright? Should I tilt it like I use paintbrushes? It took me a while to find my rhythm. I still have a long way to go before I can even say that I am comfortable with them. But I am happy that I was able to followthrough with my goal to try new things no matter what. I also used a few pens from the Brustro technical pens set, namely, the 0.05mm nib.

As for the composition of this piece. Today's official inktober prompt is 'Underwater'. I had decided almost instantly that I would like to draw a depiction or interpretation of one of India's most prominent and holy rivers, Ganga (also called Ganges). While researching, however, I came across quite a few recent news articles that spoke about how polluted this long river had become over the years and how worshippers no longer feel it is safe to take their ceremonial dip. Though I wanted to incorporate some of this sentiment into the artwork, considering my apprehension with using the watercolor brush pens and in general, my being distracted today, it just didn't work out. I know that a day would come when I would want to rework this composition again. For now though, this is a start. :)

You three people, you. Hearts!

Thanks again for watching!

xoxo

--------------------------------------------------



--------------------------------------------------



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love...? A Short Bird Animatic

Roots: Surrealism in Ink | Inktober Day 20

Also 'Hi'