Love...? A Short Bird Animatic

The bird calls of love have its moments

...

...

Hi,

This is an animatic from an animation short I have been storyboarding at the moment. The birds that you see here are zebra finches and this portion of their interaction in the short was inspired from a YouTube video, that I can't find at the moment, where somebody recorded their birds having a moment just like this.

I have a long way to go in studying how to inbetween, choosing colors, understanding backgrounds, and most importantly camera work. Though it's just in the storyboard phase yet, I enjoyed adding so many details just to get the hang of other areas that I need to work on in animation.

I used OpenToonz to create this animatic. It has a fairly steep learning curve but for a free open software, it has everything an animator could ask for. I've found it to be the easiest place to do storyboarding.

Let me know what you thought of this in the comments below. :)

I hope you like it.

Thanks again for watching! :)

xoxo

P.S. What are your favorite birds? Let me know!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roots: Surrealism in Ink | Inktober Day 20

Drawing a Mermaid from an Aerial View (get it? Ariel *nudge*)

Legacy: People Walking in One-Point Perspective | Inktober Day 22